Write On SC
Talking About Vampires on the Radio (Again)
In continuation of our October Spooktacular, we take on VAMPIRES! Kasie and Rex in the studio talking a LOT about Dracula.
Get the full show notes on the blog here.
Scary Series: Vampires
- SCWA Upcoming events and goings-on
- It’s October! Let’s Halloween!
- Vampires aren’t scary
- How to write a convincing vampire (no sparkling!)
I found a How Stuff Works (yeah, the science site) entry for How Vampires Work which is just awesome. Here’s the link. Here are the highlights:
- They were once human
- They died and “rose again” which makes them “undead”
- Can be attractive, highly sexual beings
- Can also transform into animals (most commonly a bat)
- Death by beheading, stake to heart, fire, and direct sunlight
- Injured by crucifixes, holy water, and garlic
- Immortal and do not visibly age
- Cannot cast a reflection
- Have superhuman strength (and speed)